
Well this past month has been my official re-intro to NBA basketball I suppose.
My official up close and personal intro to the Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte second NBA team (first officially being the beloved Charlotte Hornets).
About 3 weeks ago the Bobcats took on the ATL Hawks and I was lucky enough to sit courtside on the team bench thanks to a great friend and connection. So my buddy B-radd (aka DoubleD) and I headed off for the full experience; (a) park underground with the players, (b) sit with our feet on the actual court, (c) sit 4 seats down from Coach Larry Brown, (d) sit about 10 seats down from His Airness aka Michael Jordan #23, (e) eat and drink in the private Hardwood Club, (f) fist bump with "Jack" Stephen Jackson, and (g) have the up close experience of a lifetime.
Then it was time for to head off to a playoff game! Although we got swept and looked pretty dang bad it was still fun to see the city back on the NBA wagon for a few nights at home playoff games.Yet, I can't truly say I am completely won over yet, but could be with the following changes; (a) we get a point guard that can play (meaning he doesn't do a predictable spin move each time he passes half court - uh-hum Mr. Felton), (b) we need a true power Forward or Center badly as we have no skills in the art-form of reboudning.
All said and done I am pretty pumped for next season and the energy does seem to be rising for the home team. So here is to a successful season...hey at least we "made" the playoffs.....and here is to hopefully a season with a "playoff win" next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment