Well yesterday was a good day all the way thru! The morning started with a 4 miler with my sidekick R-Teezy, then it was off to FT for a quick trainer session, then off to Birkdale for a round of white ball at the last second with my TommyB man Lane (always love some spur of the moment free white ball)!
After have a pretty horrendous day on the course Lane and I hit up the Gallway Hooker for some after round snacks and adult beverages. That's when the day went crazy.....I get a call from BH alerting me that Darius Rucker was in town for a private gig to be filmed by SPEED Channel, ends up Jimmie Johnson #48 is hosting it; alas the Jimmie Jam!
We do a little detective work and find out it is NOT open to the public and tickets don't even exist...that's when I put it into high gear and got back down to the Queen City and hit the sidewalk outside The Fillmore just hoping I could score some VIP passes of some sort. Ape, BH, KBeezy and I stood outside for almost 2.5 hours. We had a few "almost scores" thanks to our man at Fox News Rising "Wilson from Wilson's World" but we kept hitting road blocks. Finally as showtime approached Wilson came back out to let us know he'd tried everything but with no luck.....that's when our new best friend Bill came through. Bill overheard how disappointed I was and said, "hey what are you guys looking for passes to get in?"...I quickly responded, "yeah man am a huge DRuck fan and would even be willing to pay for passes"....Bill snapped back with a "hold on a minute" and then he took off out to the parking lot. Finally I see the man himself "Wild Bill" coming down the street with 4 (yes 4) lanyard passes to get us in.
We hit the line, got through the doors, got our wristbands and found out drinks were on the house.....we then set up about 2 people from the stage to enjoy this view all night long while D.Ruck, as he always does, just killed the show! The Voice of the South, Darius Rucker, probably is the finest entertainer of all time. Lyrically, musically, and all around he always amazes at live shows and you can tell this SC native just loves what he does...........best news of the night he has already put the finishing touches on his new album out later this year. Oh yeah and eat your heart out folks we got to hear some of the new stuff.............it's stellar!
So here is to one of the best days in "A Day in da Life of "da Boss"! Yesterday was simply like a dream.........or as D.Ruck would say it was "History in the Making"!
..........Now my next big event is the August 11th Hootie & the Blowfish show in Charleston, SC......so finally I will get to hear all the classics again, but loved the "Let Her Cry" teaser last night........
Enjoy folks, this is as good as it gets! Thanks for all the fun and memories D.Ruck.........you are dang unreal!
The state of running at present
6 years ago

Groupie!!!!
ReplyDelete